The project NICE Nature in Cooperative Education, co-funded by Programme Erasmus+, it is è coordinato dal Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, Scienze Politiche Economiche e Sociali (DIGSPES) dell’Università del Piemonte Orientale e racchiude i seguenti co-beneficiari:Associazione Monferralto,Razvojna Agencija Sotla (Slovenia),Paragon Europe (Malta),East Riding of Yorkshire Council (UK).
NICE has among its own reasons: (i) to contribute a responsible growth of the new generations and (ii) to renew the link between individuals and nature at school.
NICE works on two levels: a methodological one by which it wants become a potential best practice to support training of teachers of primary and secondary schools, and one more active about project actions.
The definition of a methodology, based mainly on research-action and or on research training will allow the project to be replicate on different regions and on different fields. Operative field chosen to develop NICE project intends to experiment in schools a new way to promote culture of well-being, connecting to the city farms the idea of a life in harmony with environment trough food and nutrition.
The objectives of the project NICE are the following:
- Make people aware on environmental issues linking each living being with the earth and strengthen a major awareness on relationship among man/nature/well-being in young generations.
- Know and respect traditions of the region which, as regards Expo 2015, will be able to compare with culture of other Countries;
- Promote aware consumption of food to favour the adoption of safe band sustainable habits;
- Develop the concept of environmental respect to boost resulting behaviours;
- Find out an effective modus operandi to implement training projects on similar regions, providing an offer of good level to realise extra school training;
- Find out flexible guidelines, suitable to different situations, but able to guarantee the achievement of objectives;
- Manage issues in a inter-disciplinary manner involving students, even working in group, and by ways stimulating students in problem solving.
- Build a methodology able to support the project and training proposal even beyond the three years of start up of Erasmus+ programme: in particular you’ll be able to pass from a accompanying phase (realised by the project) to a progressive autonomy;
- Start a virtuous way to the widening of experimentation in more and more schools and regions.
Expected results of NICE can be divided into achieved targets and territory benefits.
The achievement of objectives will allow to get:
1. a more interesting approach for students who enter the school made of discovery, analysis skill, development of critical attitude,
2. Increase of competence of teachers that could be transferred to pupils and other teachers by peer education;
3. Possibility of school and teachers to join multicultural experiences gathered on website;
4. Opportunity of students to compare with classes of other European countries on similar projects, and the possibility to participate the mobility and the direct comparaison.
5. A greater interest for school activities and acceptance of students concerning school as guidance to life and training to the access to job market.
6. A greater awareness among new generations, about links between man and environment, food and life quality, territory and food;
7. A greater interdisciplinary among school courses and work among teachers;
8. A greater critic skill among new generations, to develop the personal and working skills;
9. A greater skill in solving problems by young people and a consequently best entrepreneurial approach as part of the aquired skills;